Generic Name: Eszopiclone
Brand Name: Lunesta
Class: Sedative, Hypnotic, Nonbenzodiazepine
Indication: Sleeping pill, Lunesta is used to treat insomnia.
Side effects: Confusion, clumsiness or unsteadiness (older adults), daytime anxiety and/or restlessness, difficulty with coordination (older adults), mood or mental changes.
Adverse effects: Headache, chest pain, migraine.
- Lunesta may be habit-forming.
- Contraindicated in liver disease; breathing disorder.
- Contraindicated in History of depression, mental illness, or suicidal thoughts.
- Contraindicated in history of drug or alcohol addiction.
- Teach clients to avoid alcohol, it can lead to very serious interactions.
Ref: Roach’s Introductory Clinical Pharmacology
To Your Success!